Cheese Factory Viewing Windows
A dream of Everett Henning's, the son of founder Otto Henning, had always been to build a cheese museum showcasing the cheese equipment that was used during the early 1900's.
Everett's dream came true in 2008 with the opening of the new cheese store and museum at our factory in Kiel, Wisconsin.
The museum features an old cheese vat, press, separator, and some old butter making equipment.
Some other items include testing equipment used to check the butterfat in farmers milk, an old can washer, cheese forms, milk receiving equipment and cheese making equipment (wooden rake and shovel).
Free self-guided tour highlights:
Our cheese store features:
- Watch cheese being made "early mornings" Monday - Friday through our viewing windows and live video feed.
- Walk through our museum of old cheese making equipment.
- View our Cheddar and String cheese making videos.
- Enjoy cheese samples in our store.
- Taste our wine sample of the day.
Cheese Store and Museum Hours
- Fresh, warm cheese curds made Monday thru Friday
- Over 25 varieties of wine from Wisconsin and California
- Fresh breaded cheese curds for deep frying
- Cheese and sausage trays
- Frozen Wisconsin brats, bacon and other sausages
- Sliced and shredded cheese available upon request
- A "special" bin which changes daily
- Large variety of Wisconsin souvenirs
Monday-Friday 7am-4pm (CST)
Saturday 8am-Noon (CST)
Closed on Major Holidays